Even if the other party admits fault following a car accident, your struggles are not over. You still have to deal with your insurance company, their insurance company, and possible long-term complications from injuries that you may not have noticed when the car crash occurred. Most likely, the insurance companies won’t offer you a fair settlement or pay fully for your loss unless you know how to fight your case and prove your loss. Hiring a personal lawyer will ensure that you get adequate compensation for your pain and suffering, property damage, lost wages, and other losses that you may not have even considered.
Generally vehicle accidents which result in damages less than $500 do not require that you hire an attorney, but there could be outstanding circumstances where it may be a good idea to have a skilled attorney from a trusted law firm on your side.
It is a good idea to consult a lawyer if:
- It is not clear who is at fault for the car accident, or liability is being disputed
- You are not sure if the damages are less than $500
- The insurance claims adjuster requests medical records from before your accident
- The insurance company denied your claim and refuses to reconsider even if you think they are wrong
- You have incurred medical bills
- The other party has served you with a lawsuit
- The insurance claims adjuster has made you an offer for settlement, and you believe your claim is worth more, or has offered you a structured settlement
- If you are claiming lost wages which are difficult to prove, or
- You are not sure if you can prove your own case.
The more you know about personal injury cases in Virginia the better off you will be. Follow these links to request free books to assist you with dealing with your automobile accident case.
- Dealing with Vehicle Damage After Your Virginia Car Accident
- Ways to Harm Your Virginia Personal Injury Case
Contact Whitehead & Chiocca to Assist you with Your Auto Accident Case
If you have been involved in an automobile accident in Richmond, Chesterfield, or Henrico and your case seems complicated and damages may be significant, contact the attorneys at Whitehead & Chiocca for a no hassle, no obligation review of your case. Our skilled personal injury attorneys will let you know if you need assistance proving your claim. If you hire us, our team will gather all necessary information for your automobile accident case, ensuring that there is not one thing left out of your claim.